What We Look for In New Taco Franchise Owners
Owning a Buena Onda Baja Taqueria is an exciting and rewarding experience. To build a successful franchise, we take the time to find owners who are a great fit for our company. It’s also equally important that Buena Onda is a great fit for them, and one that will help them reach their entrepreneurial dreams and goals. When assessing candidates, we look at more than just the financial requirements. Finding a great culture fit is just as important to us.
Our Financial Requirements & Character Traits
First and foremost, we are looking for franchisees interested in being actively involved in their business, especially in the beginning. This affords them an opportunity to build upon their operating skillset, develop and motivate their team, and establish a relationship with the community.
Here’s what else we’re looking for in the ideal candidate:
- Minimum of $175k in liquid capital and $600k net worth for a single unit. The number increases for multi-unit franchisees depending on the number of units and the development duration.
- Creditworthiness, favorable debt-to-income ratio, and secondary sources of income
- Desire to start a business that aligns with your financial and lifestyle goals
- Passion for the food and beverage industry and the Buena Onda brand
- Upbeat, positive with motivation to be successful and grow
- Commitment to be actively involved in the business and the community you serve
- Understanding of “franchising” and ability to work within the framework of a proven system
Buena Onda seeks owners who come from a variety of backgrounds and bring various experiences with them. Our franchise is great for first-time entrepreneurs, corporate professionals looking to be their own bosses, and seasoned restaurant industry individuals. We believe that having a diverse group of owners makes us that much stronger.
Think you’re a great fit for our Mexican restaurant franchise? Take the first step today and reach out to our team.
steps to Ownership
A typical evaluation and discovery process takes between 6 to 8 weeks. However, we are committed to moving at a pace most suitable for our candidates.
Contact one of our team members for a pre-qualification consultation
Complete our confidential questionnaire
Introductory call with a Franchise executive
Begin reviewing Buena Onda Franchise Disclosure Document
Participate in a series of agenda-specific calls
Attend Join the Team Day
Welcome to the Buena Onda family!